There are a lot of reasons to be an Episcopalian. Some of them are even serious. I will save those for later. Right now here are some by a famous person:
Top 10 Reasons to be an Episcopalian
(from the comedian Robin Williams, who was an Episcopalian, on an HBO special)
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry – none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the Number One reason to be an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.